Call: 015394 88855
Booking Opening times:
More? The Artisan Bakery creates a continuously evolving range of artisan breads, seasonal desserts and patisserie. Totally taste driven we individually craft each of our products with the utmost care and attention.
Nestled in the South Lakes village of Staveley you will find our award winning artisan bakery and the home of the famous More? Muddees! We use only the finest quality, natural ingredients in our breads and patisseries. As true artisans, we believe in hand crafting honest products and reviving traditional baking techniques.
In 2006, after a career spanning over twenty years in some of the Lake District’s finest country houses, renowned local chef Patrick Moore started More? Artisan. It was his dream to create real alternatives to mass produced industrial food products so prolific in the modern world. Initially selling his wares exclusively at farmers’ markets, food fairs and events, the overwhelming demand for More? products was the catalyst in founding More? The Artisan Bakery.
Over the past few years we have been lucky enough to win many awards spanning the most prestigious events in the baking world. We feel privileged to have been considered and ultimately win on numerous occasions, alongside many of Patrick’s esteemed friends and peers.
* More? Lakeland Treacle Bread with Walnuts and Raisins – Taste Cumbria Gold Champion Award winner at the Food and Drinks Awards 2013. One of the top 10 Taste Cumbria Champion products from within the Gold Award winners!
* More? Sourdough Miche – Taste Cumbria Gold Award winner at the Food and Drink Awards 2013
* More? Sourdough Miche – Golden Fork Award for Best Speciality North of England, the highest accolade in fine food and drink, Great Taste Awards 2012
* More? Sourdough Miche – Great Taste Awards 3 Gold Stars 2012
* More? Multi Muddees – Great Taste Awards 3 Gold Stars 2010
* Lakeland Treacle Bread with Walnuts & Raisins – Great Taste Awards 2 Gold Stars 2010
* VKB – Great Taste Awards 1 Gold Star 2010
* Wild English Sourdough – Great Taste Awards 2 Gold Stars 2010
* Jewish Rye – Great Taste Awards 2 Gold Stars 2010
* Montys Revenge – Great Taste Awards 2 Gold Stars 2010
* Lakeland Treacle Bread with Walnuts and Raisins – Winner of the Bread category at the North West Food Awards 2010
* Montys Revenge – Baking Industry Awards Finalist for Artisan Bread of the Year 2009
* More? Gluten Free Muddees – Fortnum and Mason Great Taste Awards Supreme Champion Award 2009
* More? Sour Cherry Muddees – Great Taste Awards 2 Gold Stars 2008
* More? Limey Gingerbread – Great Taste Awards 1 Gold Star 2008
* More? Muddees – Fortnum and Mason Great Taste Awards 3 Gold Stars and Reserve Champion 2008
Our visit from Prince Charles in 2012 gave More? a definite and well-earned ego boost. This, along with many articles in the media, have helped to catapult our business forward even further. Totally taste driven we individually craft each of our products with the utmost care and attention.
If you’re a foodie, a bread connoisseur, or if you just love to wake up to locally-produced daily bread, we’re baking for you!
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date on More? markets, awards and events.
We are offering, in conjunction with Lakelovers, a 10% discount on orders for shop pick up only.
Please provide proof of the Lakelovers offer when placing your order.
Charming private homes for an unforgetable holidays in England's last wilderness.
Pretty holiday cottages and the North Lakes…Read More
Why you should be setting up a…Read More
Walk the Lakes within 42-hours of walking…Read More
Lads, Lassies and Dads in the Lakes…Read More