- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Proudly positioned in the breath-taking landscapes of the Lake District National Park, overlooking the beautiful waters of Windermere, Howe Top is a large and luxurious home offering the ultimate escape to Cumbria. Hosting five fabulous super-king-size bedrooms, this stylish abode is the perfect choice for a family or group of ten seeking a relaxing retreat to the countryside. Spend your evenings entertaining friends and family in the beautiful open-plan living space, cooking up a storm in the gorgeous white kitchen whilst friends gather at the dining table with a delicious bottle of wine. Head outside to the balcony for a dip in the hot tub, or snuggle close together on the plush corner sofa as you watch entertaining movies on the Smart TV. Completing the ground floor, you will find a handy utility and well-designed cloakroom, as well as a stunning super-king-size bedroom with a tranquil en-suite bathroom. Take the staircase up to the first floor and discover three further super-king-size bedrooms, one boasting an en-suite bathroom, as well as a sophisticated bathroom and a smart shower room. The fifth and final bedroom sits peacefully on the third floor and benefits from an en-suite shower. Discover the Lake District like never before with days spent hiking through the encompassing fells, hiking to the peaks of Wansfell Pike, Scafell Pike and Black Fell Peak, or exploring the luscious greenery of White Moss Walks. Learn of the life and works of Beatrix Potter at the National Trust owned HillTop and The World of Beatrix Potter, or spend the day on the West Shore where you will find the Neo Gothic fortress of Wray Castle and or Claife Viewing Station. Excitement awaits you over in Kendal with attractions such as Kendal Castle and the Lakeland Museum, whilst there's much fun to be had at the Ambleside Roman Fort and Brockhole on Windermere, a great day out for the whole family. Swing through the skies at Treetop Lake District or meet wild creatures at the wonderful Lakeland Wildlife Oasis, a pleasant drive away. Head out onto the waters as you learn a new and exciting watersports or a relaxing cruise along the lake, before wining and dining in some of the town's finest bars and restaurants, or returning home with a tasty takeaway. With all this and so much more to look forward to, be sure to book a stay at Howe Top.
- Over three floors
- Five bedrooms with Smart TVs: 1 x super-king-size (zip/link, can be twins on request) with en-suite walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 1 x ground-floor super-king-size (zip/link, can be a twin on request) with en-suite bath, separate walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 1 x second-floor super-king-size (zip/link, can be twins on request) with en-suite walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 2 x super-king-size (zip/link, can be twins on request)
- Bathroom with bath, separate walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Shower room with walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Cloakroom with basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area
- central heating
- Electric double oven and electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, wine chiller, 6 x Smart TVs and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off-road parking for three cars
- Balcony with hot tub and outdoor furniture
- Enclosed rear garden with gravelled area, summer house and secured bike storage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 0.4 miles, pub 0.2 miles
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Windermere Train Station 1.5 miles: Ambleside 5 miles; Kendal 7 miles.
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for visitors to the Lake District National Park, with each providing a range of nearby attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. A variety of boat trips and boat hire are available from Windermere Lake Cruises in Bowness to Brockhole, Ambleside and Lakeside (at the southern end of the lake where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated). The World of Beatrix Potter attraction and the Old Laundry theatre are 1.5 miles away. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 30-minute walk to enjoy the spectacular panorama of far-reaching views over the lake and surrounding fells. Brockhole, which offers high wire tree top experiences, is less than two miles away, and the historic villages of Grasmere, Ambleside and Troutbeck are a short drive away. There are also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic at marine centres along the lake. The area is ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer, whether by foot, bike, car, railway or bus; and is within easy reach of attractions such as the spectacular Langdales, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Far Sawrey, Coniston, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and “Go-Ape” adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, stone circles, Roman forts and England's highest mountain, Scafell Pike.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute