“Very sorry to have to list the things which weren't up to scratch with this cottage which is in a beautiful location: Broken gate, outdoor rubbish bin overflowing, dirty walls inside, dirty windows, garden building site view from lounge and bedrooms, poo in the toilet, used tissues in waste bins, plastic bottle behind sofa, so many flies, cobwebs, cigarette butts around garden bench, oven doors smeary, TV not connected to ariel, frayed and worn towels and oven gloves, no dishcloth, microwave settings illegible.”
Hello and thank you very much for your feedback which we have been looking into. We apologise sincerely for these issues which impacted on your stay and would like to respond point by point including what had been done to address them:
1. We have organised a deep clean of the cottage to be carried out immediately and the cleaning company is taking additional steps to ensure the right quality control of future weekly cleans. The company we use are very experienced and care about the service they provide so the kind of issues you experience shouldn't happen and we apologise.
2. The issue with the gate is being looked at by Lakelovers maintenance. It's a bit hard to open and close at the moment and we appreciate that can be annoying.
3. The landscaping work being done on the side of the house shouldn't impact guest at all - the garden itself is unaffected and this is just about making the place even nicer by bringing what was previously just a wild area of brambles into a an extension of the garden. The views and garden are all to the front.
4. Flies are always an issue in the lake district - we're in a farming community in Hartsop and so they will always be around. We use fly swatters if we need to which are provided but normally our guests don't find it really a problem.
5. The TV system in the lounge is connected to satellite tv and also via WiFi to streaming services and catch up TV. This is working fine and was recently upgraded. The small TV in the kitchen can be a little difficult to operate however and we are looking into upgrading that too.
6. We've also communicated the concerns about towels which we've always found to be of a good hotel quality in the past so will continue to keep an eye on that.
Please do continue to provide any feedback on issues however small so that we can deal with them as they arise. Property Owner