- Accommodates 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Fire: - woodburner
- Private Parking 2
- 12th December 7 nights reduced from £599 to £509
- 19th December 2 NIGHTS FREE. Book 7 nights from the 21st December and we'll add the 19th and 20th to your booking for free. Use code: LL2FREE15 during booking. Visit: www.lakelovers.co.uk/two-nights-free-this-christmas/ for Ts andCs.
This elegant 5 star holiday home is part of a magnificently converted Lakeland residence just a pleasant stroll from Grasmere village, with outstanding views of Grasmere Lake on the approach to the property and from the master bedroom. Peaceful, secluded and sharing the view only with a few other similar properties, Kelbarrow displays a perfect combination of Victorian splendour and contemporary luxury. The reception areas are made for family or sociable gatherings. Antique Tuscan furniture surrounds a warming woodburner in the lounge, and sociable dining takes place in a beautiful bespoke dining kitchen. The garden is a dream on milder days, and even if the weather turns you'll be happy to admire the view from indoors and explore every lavish corner of this outstanding self-catering property.
Accommodation in detail
A sweeping private drive leads to parking for 2 cars. A flagged porch leads to the kitchen / dining room (under-floor heating), with bespoke oak kitchen, Italian tiling, granite worktops and original working shutters. Light and luxurious living room with polished wooden floor, Victorian woodburning fireplace and French doors to the garden. Cloakroom / WC and ground floor double bedroom with brass bed. Upstairs to a spacious landing, luxurious bathroom, stylish twin bedroom and breathtaking king-size master en-suite with probably the best view in the Lake District.
This luxury Grasmere holiday home takes an enviable location at the heart of the Lakes, perfectly placed for walking in the Lake District and within easy reach of Grasmere's village centre.
Grasmere is well-served for self-catering visitors, with a supermarket, local shops and market square. It's a lovely place to while away a day, with tea rooms, interesting shops and several art galleries displaying the work of local artists - don't miss the Heaton Cooper Studio.
The evidence of Grasmere's artistic history is all around. The poet William Wordsworth once lived in Grasmere, mused about the surrounding landscapes and completed his most famous work while living in the village. His former home can be visited nearby at Dove Cottage - the Wordsworth Museum.
For evening dining or special occasions, there are plenty of choices nearby in Grasmere village centre, try the Good Food Guide-listed Jumble Room, or choose from two double AA-rosette restaurants; the Prelude Restaurant and the Conservatory Restaurant at the Rothay Garden Hotel.
- 1 super king size, 1 double, 1 twin
- Fabulous lake views
- Woodburning stove & underfloor heating kitchen / bedrooms
- Aga, Rangemaster cooker, Halogen 5 ring hob
- Microwave & dishwasher
- Fridge & freezer
- Washer, separate tumble dryer (drying / utility room)
- Bathroom with double ended bath and
- separate double shower cubicle
- En-suite shower room
- Ground floor wc & wash basin
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture
- Courtyard patio
- One private parking space & one garage space
- No children under 8 yrs old