This super Lakeland Lodge is situated in a small row of exclusive luxury lodges within a peaceful setting yet is conveniently located so to take advantage of White Cross Bay 5 star facilities that include a bar, restaurant, shop and leisure club. The shores of Lake Windermere are just a stone’s throw away from this beautiful lodge.
Lancashire Rose is a sophisticated and contemporary space, finished to an exceptionally high standard throughout - this is a place to relax, spend precious time together and enjoy all that is offered in this ever popular destination. The outside area is vast, perfect for whiling away those balmy summer evenings with a glass of wine, a good book and great friends.
Accommodation in detail
Steps lead up to the lodge from the parking area and onto a raised deck that wraps around the lodge. Step inside to the modern and stylish open-plan dining-kitchen and living area. The lounge is furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs arranged around the TV and the electric flame effect fire. Patio doors opens out on to decking with patio furniture- a perfect place to enjoy a pre-dinner glass or 2! Back indoors and the family dining table is great to enjoy dinner with the family.
The contemporary kitchen, complete with breakfast bar is fully equipped with a superb array of high quality appliances including a fridge/freezer, wine fridge, dishwasher and washing machine. When it comes to cooking there is a five ring gas hob, electric double oven and microwave.
Toward the rear of the lodge are three bedrooms, one master bedroom with double bed, TV and an en-suite cloakroom with basin and WC, one twin bedded room (please note that these are 2'6 twin beds and are, therefore, suitable for children only) which share a large family shower room, with large shower cubicle, basin and WC.
Parking is available for one car to the side of the lodge and additional parking is available on site. Use of the onsite Leisure Club must be paid for at Reception on arrival at a cost of £15 per unit per stay.
If you're looking for a modern Lake District holiday home with lake access, this lodge-style accommodation makes the perfect base. White Cross Holiday Park is located on the eastern shores of Lake Windermere, close to Windermere village, and only a short drive from Ambleside.
Nearby Windermere is the perfect place to stock up the kitchen; Windermere Booths supermarket is just next to the train station, and offers the finest Lakeland produce along with all your everyday essentials. The village also has a selection of cafes, restaurants and traditional Lake District pubs.
Only a couple of miles down the road from Windermere is the bustling village of Bowness. It's well worth a visit for the atmosphere of Bowness Bay, where hire boats come and go and the famous Lake Windermere 'steamers' depart to Ambleside and Bowness. The World of Beatrix Potter attraction is found in Bowness, as well as the Royalty Cinema and Old Laundry Theatre - plenty for a rainy day. Windermere Golf Club is also located just outside Bowness village.
For exploring further afield, the A591 leads easily north to Ambleside, historic Grasmere and beyond. From Troutbeck Bridge, you can also drive the dramatic Kirkstone Pass, which takes in dramatic scenery on its winding way to Ullswater.
Activities within White Cross Bay:
- Restaurant / Bar / Beer Garden & Take Away
- Our Flying Boat restaurant & family lounge bar offers a large extensive range of meals to suit all. A takeaway service is also available so you can choose to enjoy your food in the comfort of your own holiday home.
- Outdoor Children's Play Area
- The boat shaped outdoor children's play area is perfect for children of all ages to climb and slide on.
- The amusement arcade on site offers a number of different machines for the whole family to enjoy.
- New Multi Use Games Area
- New to White Cross Bay the multi use games area is perfect to play what every sport you want from Football to Basketball and even Tennis.
- Entertainment (Dates Vary)
- The entertainment at White Cross Bay varies from week to week according to seasonality, in the past we have had asoloist, groups and comedians.
- Indoor Heated Pool
- The indoor swimming pool is located in the main building. When visiting the pool you must remember that children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Sauna - De-stress and relax in the onsite sauna.
- On holiday but want to keep up with your normal exercise routine? Well now you can in our small gym located next to the indoor heated swimming pool. There is running and rowing machines as well as a choice of free weights.
- Pick up your basics when you arrive on park or forgot something? No need to go off park as we have everything you could need or want in our site shop.
- Got a laptop? Connect to the parks free Wi-Fi, perfect for checking your emails. Note speed does vary across site.
- You want to stay in touch but left your laptop at home then don't panic why not use our internet terminals? Available in main reception area. Charges do apply.
- Private Boat Launch & Marina
- We have a fantastic facility at White Cross Bay allowing you to moor your boat at our marina throughout the summer months (1stMarch until 14thNovember). At this present time we do not offer storage during the off season.
- Holiday Boat Launching Facilities
- Holiday berth or onsite storage £15 (for boats over 22ft long please notify the park. Additional charges may apply). Free to launch yourself or launch service £15
Luxury Lakeland lodge
1 double bedroom with en-suite cloakroom
1 twin bedroom (with 2' 6" beds and suitable only for children)
Family shower room
Gas central heating
Electric pebble effect fire
Kitchen with breakfast bar
Fridge & freezer
Large decking area to enjoy alfresco dining
Outdoor Patio Furniture
1 minute walk to the lake
Private parking for 1 car
Sorry no pets
WiFi (provided by site - can be slow)