Security Deposit Claim Form
GOOD HOUSEKEEPING DEPOSIT CLAIMS
Lakelovers are one of the few agencies that operate a mandatory Good Housekeeping Deposit scheme. Please appreciate that this service includes the collection, administration, processing of
claims and return of Good Housekeeping Deposits which is labour intensive. For the most part damage to a property or its contents is accidental, however we believe that the enforcement of such
a scheme encourages positive behaviour from Holidaymakers, and ultimately assists the prevention of the overall deterioration of your property and contents.
It is essential that Owners understand and appreciate the mechanism that we use which is designed to assist with your claim. Whether your property is managed by you or a designated caretaker the claim process is exactly the same:
- Claims under £25.00 are treated as an inevitable part of the holiday letting, as general wear and tear.
- We will support claims where there is evidence of deliberate or careless damage. Accidental damage will be looked at on a case by case basis although the owner’s risk/care of the
property/normal wear and tear will be taken into account.
- Each claim will be treated on an individual basis.
- Evidence of damage is required within 3 working days. Digital images are required to support your claim. Please note digital images should be taken before any attempt is made
to repair the damage.
- Lakelovers may in some cases assess a claim from the owner by visiting the property before deducting/withholding security deposits.
- Appropriate replacements/repairs should be sourced/completed and accompanied by an estimated cost or invoice.
- Any claim would be limited to the maximum value of the security deposit pertaining to your property.
- In the first instance we will contact the Holidaymaker on your behalf to confirm the facts of the damage incident(s), however we cannot guarantee the outcome of our first line of enquiry.
- If we are unable to agree/settle the claim on your behalf, we will recommend that you deal directly with the guest and in extreme cases to pursue the monetary claim via the Small Claims Court.
- Please bear in mind in all cases, the pursuit of a claim will only be done so with supporting evidence.
If you have any questions or require assistance with a potential security deposit claim then please contact us by email to [email protected] or by calling on 015394 88855
Good Housekeeping Deposit Claims
Good Housekeeping Claim Form