What’s On In Keswick
Luxury 4-star Tree House Holiday for Adults at Keswick Bridge Lodges
Keswick, in the north Lakes, is one of the most dog friendly holiday places in the UK. You just have to look at the dog bowls and ‘dogs welcome’ signs along the busy high street to see this. It is also one of the most family-friendly places too, what with two excellent public parks and amazing fun swimming center. Then there are the superb walks of Catbells, Blencathra and Skiddaw. And not forgetting the beauty of Derwentwater. In fact, we think that Keswick is simply the most welcoming and friendly place for a holiday!
Let’s take a look at what’s on.
Ooh, and also we’ve got some information on the luxury Keswick Bridge lodge development, featured in the image above, too. Yes, they really are like staying in a tree house with all the mod-cons and comfort of a luxury holiday cottage.
Keswick for families
- See the World War II spy pencil, valued at £400, at Derwent Pencil Museum
- Outdoor kids play area and sandpit at Fitz Park
- Remote control boating and crazy golf at Hope Park
- Skimming stones into Derwentwater at Crow Park
- Explore the waters of Derwentwater with Keswick Launch
- King Kong Climbing Centre
- Keswick Canoe and Bushcraft
- Head underground or test your head for heights with Honister Slate Mine
- Hire bikes at Whinlatter Forest and take on the amazing children’s play frames of which there are 9 separate play areas
- On a rainy day, enjoy a splash with the slides and wave machine at Keswick Leisure Pool
- Enter a world of optical illusions at The Puzzling Place
Keswick for dogs
Keswick is an award-winning dog friendly town. The centre is pedestrianised for starters and spilling out onto the town centre streets are cafes and pubs with doggie treats and water bowls galore. Most shops will let you bring your well-behaved dog in so you can also happily browse the superb range of shops with pooch in tow, until he gets bored that is!
Plus, you’ll find Podgy Paws, the best shop for dogs in the Cumbria. A cruise on Derwentwater with Keswick Launch is dog friendly, as is Lingholme Kitchen and Gardens at Portinscale. Whinlatter Forest is easily accessible from Keswick and ideal for a day out with pooch.
- Cat Bells
- Coledale Horeshoe
- Ashness Bridge & Surprise View
- Borrowdale Valley
- Lakeside walk at the Lingholme Estate, Portinscale
Keswick in the day
- Keswick open market is award-winning and one of the largest in the UK. The selection of local food producers, as well as artisan craftsmen that regularly attend this market, make it a definite draw for the town.
- Most of the major outdoor equipment, clothing and sports retailer and brands can be found in Keswick, and so it is heaven for kit-lovers for all budgets and expertise.
- It is difficult to recommend the ‘best pubs in Keswick’ as there are so many. We recommend you try for yourself!
- The Keswick Beer Festival and Keswick Mountain Festival, towards the end of summer, are also on many local and holidaymakers itinerary. As it the amazing Keswick Jazz Festival, in May.
- We like a coffee in “the most dog-friendly coffee shop in Keswick”, right next door to our Lakelovers Keswick office at Jasper’s.
- The high street is an eclectic mix of high street names like White Stuff and National banks, mixed with unique Lake District gift shops, tea rooms and traditional pubs. You’ll find all types of cuisine are catered for in Keswick too, from fish and chips at Old Keswickian Fish and Chip Shop on the Market Square where you’ll also find Thai and Chinese restaurant. There is an Indian restaurant on St. John’s Street, and The Royal Bengal Bangladeshi is by the Central Car Park. And we like the fine dining of Morrels.
Keswick evening entertainment
- Theatre by the Lake by first-class and many locals travel to this award-winning entertainment venue that sits on a unique location on the shore of Derwentwater
- Keswick Alhambra Cinema
- Live music at the Square Orange
- Enjoy top-class dining at The Cottage in the Wood, Whinlatter
Keswick for culture vultures
- The award-winning Keswick Museum and Gallery (Cafe West)
- Northern Lights Gallery and Cookhouse Gallery
- Castlerigg Stone Circle (can walk to this from Keswick centre or park outside)
- John Ruskin’s famour viewpoint at Friar’s Crag
- Keswick Mountain Festival, annually in June
- Keswick Beer Festival, annually in June
- Keswick Jazz Festival, annually in May
“The first thing I remember…was being taken by my nurse to the brow of Friar’s Crag”
Keswick Bridge has become one of the most popular places to stay in Keswick.
Here you’ll find 1, 2 and 3 bedroom luxury lodges set in 3 acres of private woodland and grounds, perfect for an evening game of cricket or kick about with a ball. Plus, you’re just a short stroll from the the slides and wave pool at Keswick Leisure Pool and the kids play area, tennis courts and football at Lower Fitz Park.
These 4 star lodges come with your own balcony for soaking up the tranquil, wooded surroundings, entrance hall complete with electric drying room for all wet outdoor gear and parking spaces.
For entertainment within the lodges, you’ll find TVs in bedrooms as well as Freeview on the living room TV. There’s an easy to use electric hob, oven and good-size dishwasher within the modern, fitted kitchen. The living space in these ‘upside down’ lodges are open plan, with family-size dinging table inside as well as out on your private balcony for sociable family time.
Each lodge has a stunning floor to ceiling glazed wall, making the living area of these lodges super light and airy.
These beautifully designed lodges are like luxury tree houses for grown-ups, where you feel you’re part of the tree canopy.
If you can drag the family away from the relaxation of Keswick Bridge lodges, you are only a short walk from Keswick town centre and the many great family things to do in Keswick. Enjoy a game of tennis or the fantastic children’s play area in Fitz Park. There’s crazy golf and a mini Derwentwater where you can steer your own remote control boats at Hope Park. And head onto the real Derwentwater via Crow Park and Keswick Launch.
View Lakelovers luxury Keswick Bridge lodges.