3 Star Holiday Cottages in the Lake District
If you’re looking for a holiday, but don’t feel the need to spend a lot of money, then one of our budget holiday cottages in the Lake District will suit you down to the ground. Don’t be misled, however, the term ‘budget’ is by no means a reflection of the style and quality that you will find whilst browsing Lakelovers 3 star cottages. What you will find is a superb collection of properties, hand-picked, that differ in size and style and that can be found in the most sought-after locations throughout the stunning Lake District region.
If you’re looking for a walking holiday for two, a property where a large group can have a get-together or a family break, Lakelovers have the perfect affordable cottage in the Lake District, just for you.
Budget cottages in the Lake District
Lakelovers 3 star cottages comprise of traditional Lakeland houses built from local limestone, some of which retain the cosy character for which they have become so popular with tourists; open fires, wooden beams and quaint gardens, others have been modernised and contain woodburners, bespoke kitchens and bathrooms and relaxing living spaces.
Of course Lakelovers collection of budget cottages in the Lake District include contemporary cottages, apartments and lodges to choose from as well, all finished to an exceptional standard. Many of these properties have WiFi so that you can access the web for business or pleasure during your stay in the Lake District.
If you’re looking for special extras, for example a hot tub, then again, you’re sure not to be disappointed with our 3 star holiday cottage range. Even if you’re not looking to book now, browse below too see what’s on offer at exceptionally good prices.
All of our cottages in this range have been rated as 3 star properties by VisitEngland, who are an independent organisation that have been assessing holiday cottages for 25 years. The awards represent the most prestigious level of quality in the British tourism industry. Alternatively, we also have a range of four star and Five Star Cottages available to choose from.
Money saving tips
Whilst budget self-catering in the Lake District, you may want to set yourself the challenge of saving as much money as you possibly can. Here are some handy tips and advice to help you have a great time on a shoestring.
• There are a number of websites where you can find money saving offers and deals on Lake District attractions and eateries, including 2 for 1 offers and kids go free, meaning that if you do your research prior to going away you can half the cost of visiting many of the most popular attractions.
• The same applies to eating out. Surf the web for a few minutes and you’ll find discounts and offers from a wide range of great Lake District restaurants and other eateries.
Or for some, choosing a budget self-catering holiday in the Lake District is about saving cash on accommodation so you can head into the Lakes and splurge, and there are plenty of fantastic opportunities for just that!
A trip to Cumbria’s finest Michelin starred restaurant L’Enclume, in the historic village of Cartmel, in the South Lakes, is certainly worth saving up for. Enjoy the sample menu here and you’ll get a real taste of Cumbria as ingredients are famously foraged from the local countryside or selected from their own 12 acre farm.
There are many luxury eateries, independent boutiques and unique outdoor experiences across the Lake District for you to enjoy if you’ve budgeted well.
• Of course there are other ways you can save money, for example, instead of having lunch at a pub, cafe or restaurant, prepare a picnic and eat al fresco while enjoying the beautiful views.
• For a cheap evening meal, seek out a good fish and chip shop, takeaway pizzeria or look for early bird menus.
• In terms of getting around, Lakelovers budget holiday cottages in the Lake District are located across the region, choose the location carefully and then try to walk or cycle to local attractions, saving money on fuel for the car or public transport costs.
• If you are a keen walker or climber, then it is easy to get carried away whilst on holiday and buy yourself a new pair of boots or the latest walking jacket, however, if you plan in advance then you can save money by shopping around to get the best deal. Finally, don’t forget that with Lakelovers dogs go free, another saving for you to consider!
Booking your Lake District cottage getaway with Lakelovers comes with lots of added extra’s, including free towels. Plus we’ve partnered with leading Lake District leisure clubs across the region so you can book discounted gym, pool and spa passes to enjoy during your Lakelovers stay too.
Things to do for FREE
Many of us agree that the best the Lake District has to offer is often free. Undoubtedly, walking in some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK is top of the list, but what else can you do for free whilst staying in one of Lakleovers budget cottages in the Lake District?
One activity that is becoming more and more popular is wild swimming and whether it is in a lake, river, waterfall or a plunge pool it is an exhilarating experience. Here’s a sample of some of the more popular places to take a dip. Rydal Bower is to the north of Ambleside and is a magical plunge pool with a waterfall running into it - swimming here is like stepping back in time. Galleny Force, near Stonethwaite in Borrowdale, comprises of two pools that are great for paddling. Overbeck Br, at Wastwater is located in a simple magical setting - a large clear lake, the perfect place to relax and take in the view. Tongue Pot, near Eskdale is a fabulous place if you are brave enough to do a high jump as the water is five meters deep in places. You can find more places to go wild swimming by visiting the Wild Swimming website or the Outdoor Swimming Society website.
Budget self-catering in the Lake District can be just as much fun as visiting with a wad of cash to spend, but if you have not seen what you are looking for, then do not hesitate to contact us and our team of experienced staff will do their best to help you find the perfect holiday cottage in the Lake District for you.